Our Covid 19 Promise To You
Your Money Back Guarantee!
Book with confidence
Booking a holiday is so exciting! Your experience shouldn’t be spoiled by worrying about what would happen if there’s another lockdown. When you book direct at Trysor Holiday Cottage , you can be assured that we will be ready to move or cancel your booking, if you need to.
Booking with us gives you the reassurance that if you are unable to go on holiday because:
- There are UK Government restrictions on travel due to the Coronavirus outbreak which make going on your holiday impossible
- We are legally closed to visitors due to the Coronavirus outbreak
Then you will be able to choose any of the following options:
- Transfer your holiday to new dates in 2021or 2022, free of any administration charges.
- Get a code or voucher for the value of your holiday, to spend on any stay with us to take place before the end of 2022.
- Cancel your booking and receive a full refund equal to the value of your booking.
All other booking terms and conditions remain unchanged.
We hope this puts your mind at rest!
Joy and Vic
Predicting the Unpredictable...
These are unprecedented times, and it's been difficult for us all to navigate these strange and choppy waters.
You have chosen self catering which is, we believe, about the safest holiday you can have about now. And here in Cardigan Bay we are pretty sparsely populated so transmission rates are fairly low.
However protecting both ourselves, our community and, most importantly you, is vitally important to us. We would like to reassure you that we are taking the health and safety of our guests very seriously and are following the guidelines issued by our local council and the Welsh government strictly.
However, we are also making our best efforts to continue to create and offer a safe, stress free, break; and whilst we have to keep ‘physically distant’ we do not believe we have to be ‘socially absent’. Obviously and inevitably we have had to change a few things, and we hope you will bear with us until normality resumes!
- Minimum stay – we are extending our minimum stay to three nights until further notice. This will reduce the frequency of guest changeovers and therefore the number of different people guests encounter when here.
- Payment. All payments will be taken securely online when you book, we won't be handling cash at all in order to minimise physical contact. If you purchase any food items from us during your stay, we will provide an invoice and payment link.
- Guest Health. We ask all guests to be vigilant about their own health. If you feel unwell before your booked arrival date; or have been in contact with people who are unwell from suspected coronavirus, please do not come.
- If guests arrive exhibiting possible symptoms, we reserve the right to turn them away .
- Upon booking your stay you submitted contact details. If requested by the Welsh government these details will be provided to the Welsh Government Track and Trace and Protect system.
Meet and Greet
- Arrival time. We have traditionally allowed our direct booking guests to have a more flexible arrival time; however due to enhanced and prolonged deep cleaning after each guest departure and the time now required to properly ventilate rooms we ask that guests do not arrive before 5pm.
- Check in. We ask that you let us know by text your anticipated arrival time and we will ensure the property is ready for you. If your arrival is later than 5pm, we will provide you with a key code for the key safe so you can let your selves in. Your (sanitised) keys will be waiting for you. You will have been sent our digital house manual and guidebook three days prior to arrival, and we ask you to please let us know once you're safely in.
Cleaning between guests
We are enhancing our already rigorous cleaning protocols to adopt guidelines from https://gov.wales/tourism-and-hospitality-businesses-guidance-phased-reopening
- The cottage will be fully ventilated before we enter to clean and during the clean. It will then be locked until guests next enter. Where possible the cottage will remain empty for at least 24 hours between guests.
- All soft furnishings (throws, cushions; curtains and chairs), hard surfaces and touch points will be sprayed with antibacterial spray. A commercially used long- lasting antiviral sanitiser.
- All other surfaces and touch points will be cleaned first and then sanitised with an antiviral surface cleaner that complies with EN 14476.
- All laundry, (linen, towels, tea towels,etc...) will be washed at a minimum of 60 degrees before being tumbled dried or line dried.
- There is sanitiser provided at the entrances both for you to use before entering the property and during your stay
- We ask guests to check out by the designated time of 9.30am. We need all the time we can possibly get to ventilate, deep clean and sanitise the cottage.
- We also ask that guests strip the beds , and place the soiled linen, together with the towels, in the bags provided, and to wash, dry and put away the crockery and glassware etc.... and to empty all bins.
- We ask that guests leave keys inside the cottage and where possible open windows to start the ventilation process.
- These procedures are laid out in more detail in your digital guide.
- If the guest’s COVID-19 test is confirmed as positive, the UK Government guidelines state that we may need to self -isolate ourselves for 14 days if they consider we have been within a close enough distance and for a long enough time where we could potentially have caught the virus. In which case, the cottage will not re-open until the 15th day after the positive case has departed. All guests will be contacted and given the opportunity to rebook. We will endeavour to find alternative accommodation, but this cannot be in any way guaranteed.
- We feel as sure as we can that given the procedures we follow such a situation should not occur.
- If we ourselves exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 then under the test, Trace and Protect system we will immediately have to close the cottage and all guests will be asked to leave. The guest will only be charged for the days they have stayed. The cottage will remain closed for 14 days.
We accept no liability for a guest contracting COVID-19 during their stay. We will do our best to make the cottage as clean and safe as possible, but we cannot control guest actions or movement, the people they meet or the standard of hygiene at other establishments they enter or visit.
We strongly suggest that all guests take out adequate holiday insurance.