Trysor Holiday Cottage is a heritage stone coach house beautifully converted into a holiday cottage with sea views. It's on the edge of Sarnau village and only a mile from the spectacular Ceredigion coastline and beaches like Penbryn, Tresaith and Llangrannog. The three-bedroom holiday home sleeps six and is well furnished with each of the three bedrooms having Hypnos pillow-top mattresses to help ensure a restful night's sleep. The layout is ideal for families, and it's also dog-friendly so that everyone can enjoy a relaxed holiday surrounded by gorgeous countryside and within a stone's throw of some of the finest coastal walks in Wales.
Sarnau is a tiny residential village. There is a farm shop and cafe selling local Welsh produce within a half mile walk along the footpath from the cottage and an outdoor shop selling everything from clothing to surfing, camping and walking supplies. The beach is just over a mile away. Cardigan has more amenities, including two big supermarkets, around 15 minutes away, if you want a wider choice. Cardigan also has various eateries and a wonderfully restored Norman fortress that has the best restaurant for miles.
Trysor means "treasure" in Welsh, and what a jewel of a holiday home this property is. You can walk to the National Trust Penbryn Beach, a favourite spot for surfers, nature lovers and doggy heaven. Join the Wales Coastal Path for stunning scenic walks around Cardigan Bay and its many hidden coves and treasures.
Trysor Holiday Cottage is a welcoming home-away-from-home in all seasons, with bookings available all year round. It's perfect for a lazy summer holiday, for a change of scenery at Christmas, for a workation (having 50Mb fast fibre); or for a "why not?" escape to West Wales - you don't need to have a specific reason to have a great time here.
Trysor Holiday Cottage is a stone cottage with a traditional layout and accommodation over two levels. A cosy home away from home, you will immediately feel welcome once you arrive with everything needed for a relaxing holiday including a log burner and comfy sofas to relax, a well-stocked kitchen for self-catering, free fast fibre broadband (up to 50Mb), organic cotton bedlinen and a welcome pack of local and organic goodies to greet you upon arrival.
- Living room with oak flooring and beams, a stone fireplace with a log burner, and comfortable seating. French doors separate the living room from the conservatory, allowing natural light into the room even when the doors are closed. The owner has kindly provided books, games etc for guests entertainment.
- Conservatory with underfloor heating so guests can benefit from tranquil garden views all year round. It has comfortable seating and is an ideal spot for a quiet cup of tea.
- Kitchen fitted with oak cabinets and granite worktops. Integrated appliances include a dishwasher because no one wants to face the washing up on holiday. A set of oak doors open into the dining room, and it's possible to keep them open as one large kitchen/dining area.
- Dining room with a high ceiling and the original arch horses and carts would have trundled through when the carriage house was constructed.
- Cloakroom with a WC and a handbasin.
- Master bedroom with oak beams, built-in storage and a high ceiling. The kingsize bed has a Hypnos mattress and Egyptian cotton sheets. This room was originally the hayloft, and a door opens onto external steps leading to the garden.
- Second double bedroom with a kingsize bed and sea views. As with the other beds, this one has a Hypnos mattress and high-quality bed linen.
- Third bedroom with zip and link super king bed that can either be two single beds or one super kingsized, depending on your requirements. Please let the owner know your preferred layout when booking. The window overlooks the countryside towards the sea.
- Family bathroom with a clawfoot roll-top bath, walk-in shower, heated towel rail, WC and a handbasin.
Outside: There is a lawned area at the front of the cottage and a rear patio area off the conservatory. The lockable side gate makes it a child and dog safe space. There is off-street parking for two or three cars.
Additional Information: Utilities, WiFi, bed linen and bath towels are provided. Guests to bring beach towels if they are required. Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome with prior agreement from the owner. Smoking is not permitted.